RE Ground Squirrel Church

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2010
      Was just looking at the Morning Phase map by McElfresh of Sharpsburg and noticed the Ground Squirrel Church to the north of the Middlekauf Farm. The church apparently was along the right side, northward bound, of the Hagerstown Turnpike, with its cemetery on the left side of the road.

      Does the church, etc. still exist today? If not, what happened to the buildings and grounds?

      Thanks!

    • Dean Essig
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2010
        Hi Gerry!

        My Jerry and I tried to find the spot.

        It is decidedly not there anymore, and we couldn't find a spot north
        of the field that seemed "right".

        Dean

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2010
          Dean,

          Thanks. I was hoping someone like Stephen Recker or Tom C might weigh in on this question. It should not be too difficult to find the spot where it was, even if the terrain has changed somewhat!