Rose Hill Cementery

  • Andy Mills
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2002
      Hello Group

      If I am not mistaken, I believe I heard that Rose Hill Cementery
      had about 1,500 Confederated from the Battle of Antietam buried
      there.

      Well, here comes my question: I was driving around Hagerstown
      today (I got lost) and came across Rose Hill Cementery. The sign
      out front said it was established in 1866. When exactly did the
      Confederates get re-inturned in the Cementery, since it wouldn't
      be established for another 4 years?

      Thank you
      Andy