Re: Question re "Carry Me Back toOl' Virginny" Song

  • flagflop
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2010
      The older one is pretty tacky to my eye and ear -- I suspect they only sang the chorus on the march, or even had a "soldier's version" of the verses. (Appreciate your calling my attn to the URL -- I've marked it.) The "modern one" is more appealing to me, but, what the hey!
      Dave

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2010
        It's possible they sang only the chorus... but knowing the
        soldiers...they most likely would have sung the entire song.
        After all, that is what they did with "My Maryland" at the start
        of the campaign.