RE: [TalkAntietam] Civil War Park Day - This Saturday

  • Andy Mills
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2002
      Kevin

      I should be around that weekend. If you have any information you
      could send me, times etc. I would be more than willing to help out.

      Andy

      Andy,
      I can make you a better offer. If your around the following week,
      Save Historic Antietam Foundation is having their own semi-annual
      park clean-up that was scheduled long before Civil War Trust
      scheduled theirs. We will be clearing areas of that had historic
      fence lines of the brush and trees that have grown up inhibiting
      historic vistas such as the Roulette field overlooking the Sunken
      Road or maybe the southern end of the battlefield such as the
      route of the Ninth Corps after the taking of the "Burnside"
      Bridge.

      Kevin Rawlings
      Vice President, SHAF, Inc.
    • Rawlings, Kevin
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2002
        Andy,
        We'll gather on the 13th about 9:00 am at the Visitor Center and proceed to
        where the Park wants us to work. Last fall we got just about an entire fence
        row cleared of trees in front of the western end of Bloody Lane. I will be
        late as my daughter has a soccer game but will be there right after. We'll
        be happy to have your help. I'll forward anymore pertinent info as it come
        available. We will be having a newsletter mailing coming out after Sunday,
        so I'll have more details this Monday.

        Kevin

      • Tom Clemens
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2002
          Kevin, Andy et al.
          It looks like we will be doing more clearing at teh Pry House vista, next to
          McClellan's HQ.
          Bring gloves, water and working clothes, it may still be chilly then.
          Tom Clemens