Black Soldiers in Blue

  • 128thpa@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2010
      FYI:

      Cheltenham Township Historical Commission Presents “Black Soldiers in Blue” a video documentary about Camp William Penn (the largest training camp for African American Soldiers during the Civil War), and the United States Colored Troops (USCTs).   To be held on Thursday 2/11/10 at Curtis Hall, 8pm, 1250 W. Church Rd, Wyncote, Pa (just 2-3 blocks north of the Philadelphia border).   Following the video, on hand will be Warren Bass, the filmmaker, Jim Paradis, historian and narrator, and the 3 rd USCT reenactors.     Admission is FREE.

      If you need any information, you can contact me privately.  I can give you the township website ( www.cheltenhamtownship.org ), but it is not up to date, and I couldn't find any info on this event.  My information is directly form the Historical Commission.  In addition, I have been a member of a task team to open a museum dedicated to Camp William Penn and as a member of the Delaware Valley CWRT we has raised money for the museum.

      Paula

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 18, 2010
        Paula,

        On a separate issue, could you tell me...privately if you
        wish...where Croasdales Knoll on the Antietam battlefield is?