Re: [TalkAntietam] Franklin Biography

  • Tom Clemens
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2002
      Curt,
      I have not seen the book yet to know if all the letters are reprinted. I have
      photocopies of the Maryland Camapign letters, will dig them out if you'll give
      me a few days. Too busy right now to go searching.
      Tom

      Curt Johnson wrote:

      > Tom,
      >
      > The access to Franklin's papers is what intrigued me about the book. I
      > would be most interested in what Franklin had to say, unofficially, about
      > several events: Second Manassas, Crampton's Gap and Pleasant Valley, Sabine
      > Pass, etc.
      >
      > Curt Johnson

    • Curt Johnson
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 4, 2002
        Tom,

        If you are in a position to mail me copies of any letters related to
        Crampton's Gap, I would appreciate it. I can provide my snail-mail address
        by private e-mail.

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 7 , May 4, 2002
          Curt,
          I finally got in touch with Mark. He has another book coming which will include
          Franklin's letters. He will not allow me to copy the letters until then.
          Sorry, but I have to respect his wishes.
          Tom