Re: [TalkAntietam] Franklin Biography

  • Curt Johnson
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2002

      The access to Franklin's papers is what intrigued me about the book. I
      would be most interested in what Franklin had to say, unofficially, about
      several events: Second Manassas, Crampton's Gap and Pleasant Valley, Sabine
      Pass, etc.

      Curt Johnson

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2002
        Curt,
        I have not seen the book yet to know if all the letters are reprinted. I have
        photocopies of the Maryland Camapign letters, will dig them out if you'll give
        me a few days. Too busy right now to go searching.
        Tom

        Curt Johnson wrote:

        > Tom,
        >
        > The access to Franklin's papers is what intrigued me about the book. I
        > would be most interested in what Franklin had to say, unofficially, about
        > several events: Second Manassas, Crampton's Gap and Pleasant Valley, Sabine
        > Pass, etc.
        >
        > Curt Johnson

      • Curt Johnson
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 4, 2002

          If you are in a position to mail me copies of any letters related to
          Crampton's Gap, I would appreciate it. I can provide my snail-mail address
          by private e-mail.

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Tom Clemens
          Message 4 of 7 , May 4 8:45 PM
            Curt,
            I finally got in touch with Mark. He has another book coming which will include
            Franklin's letters. He will not allow me to copy the letters until then.
            Sorry, but I have to respect his wishes.
            Tom