Re: [TalkAntietam] ranger led spring hikes

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2002
      In a message dated 4/3/02 5:32:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, dunkerch@... writes:
      Does anyone know if the Antietam hike scheduled for this sunday, In the footsteps of Lee and Jackson, will actually go to Hauser  Ridge and the Reel Farm?  I really enjoy walking new ground and this tour has peaked my interest

      David,

      I wondered the same thing. Is this merely the same hike we took with Mike Weinstein in September? That day we approached the
      eastern base of Hauser Ridge, but did not climb it. And certainly we did not visit the Reel Farm. I

      Tom Shay
    • David Lutton
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2002

        If you get any further info on the Sunday hike,. please email me.

        Thanks

        David Lutton
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2002
          <<Tom, If you get any further info on the Sunday hike,. please email me.
          Thanks, David Lutton>>

          I just spoke with Rangers Keith and Brian at Antietam. Ranger Mike Weinstein
          is giving the tour and Brian will accompany him. Tour will leave VC at 1 PM
          and head north to West Woods. Then cross Rt 65 and climb Hauser Ridge to the
          fence line. Then turn South and head to Reel Barn. Then head West to Sunken
          Road.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7, 2002
            Tom;

            I hope you enjoyed the hike as did David. I think those of us
            unable to attend will expect a full report!

            Your humble servant,
            Gerry Mayers
            Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

            Edward Lee