ranger led spring hikes

  • David Lutton
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2002
      Does anyone know if the Antietam hike scheduled for this sunday, In the footsteps of Lee and Jackson, will actually go to Hauser  Ridge and the Reel Farm?  I really enjoy walking new ground and this tour has peaked my interest.

      David Lutton

    • rotbaron@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3, 2002
        In a message dated 4/3/02 5:32:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, dunkerch@... writes:
        Does anyone know if the Antietam hike scheduled for this sunday, In the footsteps of Lee and Jackson, will actually go to Hauser  Ridge and the Reel Farm?  I really enjoy walking new ground and this tour has peaked my interest

        David,

        I wondered the same thing. Is this merely the same hike we took with Mike Weinstein in September? That day we approached the
        eastern base of Hauser Ridge, but did not climb it. And certainly we did not visit the Reel Farm. I

        Tom Shay
      • David Lutton
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2002

          If you get any further info on the Sunday hike,. please email me.

          Thanks

          David Lutton
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 5, 2002
            <<Tom, If you get any further info on the Sunday hike,. please email me.
            Thanks, David Lutton>>

            I just spoke with Rangers Keith and Brian at Antietam. Ranger Mike Weinstein
            is giving the tour and Brian will accompany him. Tour will leave VC at 1 PM
            and head north to West Woods. Then cross Rt 65 and climb Hauser Ridge to the
            fence line. Then turn South and head to Reel Barn. Then head West to Sunken
            Road.

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 7, 2002
              Tom;

              I hope you enjoyed the hike as did David. I think those of us
              unable to attend will expect a full report!

              Your humble servant,
              Gerry Mayers
              Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

              Edward Lee