Re: [TalkAntietam] Congratulations, Tom!

    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 7, 2010
      Dear Tom;

      Wow! What you experienced with the manuscript sort of mirrors my
      own experiences with my book manuscript, but not quite the
      dramatic family life trauma. Happy to say my book manuscript is
      now steadily moving forward...I think finding the Carman MS
      account of the fight for the Sunken Road really energized me.
      Just finishing up the first draft of chapter in which the NC boys
      in the Road break and retreat.

      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 8, 2010
        Oh, if you change the FORMAT, it could be done (in theory). I was merely speaking about the impossibility of ever seeing the Antietam Atlas ever reprinted in its original form. (CD-ROM is great, but unless you have a color printer that'll take a sheet of paper three feet by four feet. . . . )

        For those who've never seen the Antietam Atlas (and very few were produced), each plate is about the size of a small coffee table. If you've ever seen a plate from the ORIGINAL OR Atlas (not the one currently sold in bookstores; those have been reduced dramatically in size), it's almost identical. And in terms of page count, the OR Atlas is probably 20x the size of the Antietam Atlas. (A book has to be of a certain length to make the eocnomics of publishing work.)