RE: [TalkAntietam] Franklin Biography

  • Jeff Beckner (PWC Magazine)
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3 6:33 AM
      I'm surprised it only took 140 years....
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3 7:51 PM

        The access to Franklin's papers is what intrigued me about the book. I
        would be most interested in what Franklin had to say, unofficially, about
        several events: Second Manassas, Crampton's Gap and Pleasant Valley, Sabine
        Pass, etc.

        Curt Johnson

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3 9:00 PM
          Curt,
          I have not seen the book yet to know if all the letters are reprinted. I have
          photocopies of the Maryland Camapign letters, will dig them out if you'll give
          me a few days. Too busy right now to go searching.
          Tom

          Curt Johnson wrote:

          > Tom,
          >
          > The access to Franklin's papers is what intrigued me about the book. I
          > would be most interested in what Franklin had to say, unofficially, about
          > several events: Second Manassas, Crampton's Gap and Pleasant Valley, Sabine
          > Pass, etc.
          >
          > Curt Johnson

        • Curt Johnson
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 4 2:57 PM

            If you are in a position to mail me copies of any letters related to
            Crampton's Gap, I would appreciate it. I can provide my snail-mail address
            by private e-mail.

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Tom Clemens
            Message 5 of 7 , May 4, 2002
              Curt,
              I finally got in touch with Mark. He has another book coming which will include
              Franklin's letters. He will not allow me to copy the letters until then.
              Sorry, but I have to respect his wishes.
              Tom