Re: [TalkAntietam] input

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 23, 2009
      Au contraire, they had a lot of troops in the war, several prominent at Antietam. The 8th, 14th and 16th played significant roles in the battle.

      >>> "Bob" <hellmersbob@...> 11/23/09 7:39 PM >>>
      i am from connecticut, you mean ct, actually had a regiment in the civil war? i didnt think they did anything since benedict arnold who was born and raised in ct.wow you never hear much about ct regiments in the civil war battles.
    • Bob Hellmers
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 23, 2009
        thanks thomas do you live in hagerstown, maryland? i ask because of your e-mail address?  are you a teacher or professor of history?    bob

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 23, 2009
          guilty as charged.

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 24, 2009
            Let's not forget Kingsbury;s 11th CT.

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 24, 2009
              Ah, I knew I was forgetting someone.

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 24, 2009
                Yes. And Kingsbury was a brother in law to the Confederate
                division commander in the sector where the IX Corps attacked.
                That was David R Jones... who, some believed, suffered his heart
                attack owing to the anguish that it was his troops (so he
                believed) that mortally wounded Kingsbury, with whom he was very,
                very close.