Re: [TalkAntietam] Log cabin in the Sunken Road

  • Scott D. Hann
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 2, 2009
      Tom, excellent point. In the writings of Colonel Edward Cross of the 5th New Hampshire he mentions a good number of his men were without shoes at Antietam.

      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 2, 2009
        Guys;

        In all fairness to Mac, this area...logistics....was one of the
        major problems with why he could not effectively pursue the ANVa
        following Sharpsburg...something Lincoln and Stanton did not
        understand. Halleck should have been able to understand that
        though.

        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 2, 2009
          If you look at Troiani's painting about the advance of the Irish
          Brigade, you do see some barefoot soldiers.............

          Message 4 of 28 , Feb 24, 2010
            There is also discussion of Jerry Summers in Kathleen Ernst's book on Maryland Civilians in the Civil War.