Re: [TalkAntietam] Creek chasm discovered

  • Turner
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 7:09 AM
      on 4/1/02 9:30 AM, rotbaron@... at rotbaron@... wrote:

      > [H]istorians and rangers stood on the riverbank this morning marveling at the
      > sight and noting that "old Burnside was right in insisting that bridge be
      > taken. That creek was indeed unfordable!". Others muttered that this chasm
      > was likely dug post-battle by some IX Corps devotees looking to provide ol'
      > Ambrose with an alibi.

      Conjurs up a curious image of diggers and dredges. <grin>

      Tony Turner
    • rotbaron@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 8:47 AM
        In a message dated 04/01/2002 10:05:27 AM EST, awturner@... writes:
        << From what point to what point on the creek is it being rerouted? And for
        how long? >>

        By golly Tony, from reading your question, I do surmise that you forgot to
        look at your calendar today.

        Tom Shay
      • Turner
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1 9:00 AM
          on 4/1/02 11:47 AM, rotbaron@... at rotbaron@... wrote:

          > By golly Tony, from reading your question, I do surmise that you forgot to
          > look at your calendar today.

          BLUSH !!

          TT