Re: [TalkAntietam] Creek chasm discovered

  • Turner
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
      on 4/1/02 9:30 AM, rotbaron@... at rotbaron@... wrote:

      > Local news reports the recent re-routing of Antietam Creek has reduced the
      > water level to unexpectedly low levels.

      Tom Shay and Tom Clemens,

      From what point to what point on the creek is it being rerouted? And
      for how long?

      Tony Turner
    • Turner
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
        on 4/1/02 9:30 AM, rotbaron@... at rotbaron@... wrote:

        > [H]istorians and rangers stood on the riverbank this morning marveling at the
        > sight and noting that "old Burnside was right in insisting that bridge be
        > taken. That creek was indeed unfordable!". Others muttered that this chasm
        > was likely dug post-battle by some IX Corps devotees looking to provide ol'
        > Ambrose with an alibi.

        Conjurs up a curious image of diggers and dredges. <grin>

        Tony Turner
      • rotbaron@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
          In a message dated 04/01/2002 10:05:27 AM EST, awturner@... writes:
          << From what point to what point on the creek is it being rerouted? And for
          how long? >>

          By golly Tony, from reading your question, I do surmise that you forgot to
          look at your calendar today.

          Tom Shay
        • Turner
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
            on 4/1/02 11:47 AM, rotbaron@... at rotbaron@... wrote:

            > By golly Tony, from reading your question, I do surmise that you forgot to
            > look at your calendar today.

            BLUSH !!

            TT