Creek chasm discovered

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
      Local news reports the recent re-routing of Antietam Creek has reduced the
      water level to unexpectedly low levels.

      There is only a small, barely noticeable trickle running under the renowned
      Burnside Bridge. One benefit is that we are now able to see the huge chasm
      that many had surmised existed at mid-creek in this vincinity. Several
      historians and rangers stood on the riverbank this morning marveling at the
      sight and noting that "old Burnside was right in insisting that bridge be
      taken. That creek was indeed unfordable!". Others muttered that this chasm
      was likely dug post-battle by some IX Corps devotees looking to provide ol'
      Ambrose with an alibi.

      Tom Shay - April 1
    • Turner
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
        on 4/1/02 9:30 AM, rotbaron@... at rotbaron@... wrote:

        > Local news reports the recent re-routing of Antietam Creek has reduced the
        > water level to unexpectedly low levels.

        Tom Shay and Tom Clemens,

        From what point to what point on the creek is it being rerouted? And
        for how long?

        Tony Turner
      • Turner
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
          on 4/1/02 9:30 AM, rotbaron@... at rotbaron@... wrote:

          > [H]istorians and rangers stood on the riverbank this morning marveling at the
          > sight and noting that "old Burnside was right in insisting that bridge be
          > taken. That creek was indeed unfordable!". Others muttered that this chasm
          > was likely dug post-battle by some IX Corps devotees looking to provide ol'
          > Ambrose with an alibi.

          Conjurs up a curious image of diggers and dredges. <grin>

          Tony Turner
        • rotbaron@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
            In a message dated 04/01/2002 10:05:27 AM EST, awturner@... writes:
            << From what point to what point on the creek is it being rerouted? And for
            how long? >>

            By golly Tony, from reading your question, I do surmise that you forgot to
            look at your calendar today.

            Tom Shay
          • Turner
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
              on 4/1/02 11:47 AM, rotbaron@... at rotbaron@... wrote:

              > By golly Tony, from reading your question, I do surmise that you forgot to
              > look at your calendar today.

              BLUSH !!

              TT