Remembering Antietam by Susan Trail

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 10, 2009
      I just came across this PhD thesis online(Remembering Antietam: Commemoration and Preservation of a Civil War Battlefield) and looked through it. I has some great info about may topics such how the park came to be, the cemetery, monuments,impact on civilians in the area, etc.

      Too bad it was never made into a book. Anyone else seen it?

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 10, 2009
        Yes, it's the best. Where is it online?

        Stephen

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2009
          Stephen,

          Here is the link:

          http://www.lib.umd.edu/drum/bitstream/1903/2353/1/umi-umd-2211.pdf

          Let me know if it doesn't work.

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 11, 2009
            Thanks!

            Stephen

            On Saturday, October 10, 2009, at 05:51 PM, eighth_conn_inf wrote:

            > Stephen,
            >
            > Here is the link:
            >
            > http://www.lib.umd.edu/drum/bitstream/1903/2353/1/umi-umd-2211.pdf
            >
            > Let me know if it doesn't work.
            >
            > Larry
            >
            > --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Recker <recker@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Yes, it's the best. Where is it online?
            > >
            > > Stephen
            > >
            > > On Saturday, October 10, 2009, at 05:06 PM, eighth_conn_inf wrote:
            > >

            > > > I just came across this PhD thesis online(Remembering Antietam:
            > > > Commemoration and Preservation of a Civil War Battlefield) and
            > looked
            > > > through it. I has some great info about may topics such how the
            > park
            > > > came to be, the cemetery, monuments,impact on civilians in the
            > area,
            > > > etc.
            > > >
            > > > Too bad it was never made into a book. Anyone else seen it?
            > > >
            > > > Larry

          • Jim Rosebrock
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 12, 2009
              It is definitely a great read and fills in some blanks about park history. I strongly recommend it.

              Jim Rosebrock