Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Special Order 191 Question

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 30, 2009
      Dear Larry,

      Thank you for pointing out some information which I more or less
      knew... however, let us presume that the "official" copy was
      received and disposed of in some way? Also, why is it that
      nothing is really said within ANVa circles about the loss of
      SO191? In almost any army, the loss of such a highly sensitive
      document would be grounds for army wide investigation,
      identification of the culprit or culprits involved, and
      subsequent cashiering of said individuals... if they were not
      sentenced to be shot for treason.........

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 30, 2009
        <snip>4. Per Sears, The Lost Order, the envelope in which it was
        found, and Gen. Williams note are in the McClellan Papers in the
        LOC. N&S, vol. 5, no. 7., p. 64.

        Larry;

        But where is the actual copy of SO191 which Mac read and then
        jubilantly announces he has in hand "the plans of the Rebels"?