Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Questions

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 30, 2002
      Andy:

      Most people would agree. However, Burnside's initial orders were
      to only make a "demonstration" against the Rohrback or Lower
      Bridge rather than a full scale attack.

      When the orders were changed, notice came via courier rather than
      Mac himself riding down to Burnside to explain the change in
      plans.

      Also, Burn was somewhat miffed that the Wing structure of the AoP
      which had worked so well during the initial phases of the
      campaign was abolished right before the battle.

      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers
      Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

      Edward Lee

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 23 5:42 PM
        Wanted to get your thoughts on some items.

        First, do how do you feel about Sumner's performance on the field?
        Do you feel his age was a problem?

        Second, how do you feel about the author and the book?

        Stephen W. Sears

        Joseph L. Harsh

        Last, what do you think went wrong with the AOP's battle plan(s) and
        who was at fault?