Margie Boteler

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 26, 2009
      I am trying to find out about Maggie Boteler, a resident of
      Shepherdstown who hosted a number of wounded Confederates after
      Antietam.

      I'd like to know where her house is (was?). Also, in The Antietam
      Campaign book, Robert Krick has an article called "Sharpsburg's Bloody
      Lane" that references an auction catalog from November 30, 1996,
      Signature House, Monkton, MD, that includes letters form Margie. Does
      anyone have a copy of this catalog or know where I can get a look at
      the letters contained therein?

      Thanks,
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 26, 2009
        Dear Stephen,

        I have "The Antietam Campaign" book edited by Gary Gallagher with
        Krick's essay about the Sunken Road. What is the footnote
        reference page for Maggie Boteler?

        Also, have you thought of contacting the Shepherdstown Historical
        Society for information on where she lived at the time?

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 26, 2009
          Gerry,,

          It is note #31 on page #253. Thanks.

          Stephen