Re: [TalkAntietam] Ropes

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 20 6:30 PM

      Thanks. Perhaps when I find the correct date it might be what this Mr.
      Ropes was alive.

      Stephen

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 26 8:31 AM
        I am trying to find out about Maggie Boteler, a resident of
        Shepherdstown who hosted a number of wounded Confederates after
        Antietam.

        I'd like to know where her house is (was?). Also, in The Antietam
        Campaign book, Robert Krick has an article called "Sharpsburg's Bloody
        Lane" that references an auction catalog from November 30, 1996,
        Signature House, Monkton, MD, that includes letters form Margie. Does
        anyone have a copy of this catalog or know where I can get a look at
        the letters contained therein?

        Thanks,
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 26 11:15 AM
          Dear Stephen,

          I have "The Antietam Campaign" book edited by Gary Gallagher with
          Krick's essay about the Sunken Road. What is the footnote
          reference page for Maggie Boteler?

          Also, have you thought of contacting the Shepherdstown Historical
          Society for information on where she lived at the time?

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 26 11:42 AM
            Gerry,,

            It is note #31 on page #253. Thanks.

            Stephen