Re: [TalkAntietam] Boyce's Battery Reenacting Unit

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 16, 2009
      Thank you Jill. Through a common friend, I have a message in to him now.

      >>> "Jill Mitchell" <jill.mitchell@...> 06/16/09 8:34 PM >>>
      I don't know if anyone would have seen this article, the link for which is
      below. It includes a an overview of the unit history of the original unit
      and a contact for the present-day MacBeth's South Carolina Light Artillery
      reenacting unit. Perhaps Mr. Gibson has biographical information regarding
      members of the original unit?

      http://artillerymanmagazine.com/Archives/2002/macbeth_sp02.html

      ==============

      Jill Mitchell

      Harpers Ferry, WV

    • Jill Mitchell
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 16, 2009
        I did a bit of digging through a source I have, in combination with a bit of
        Internet research, and can offer the following:

        Source: Recollections and Reminiscences 1861-1865, Volume Three, South
        Carolina United Daughters of the Confederacy, 1992.

        MEMBERS OF MACBETH ARTILLERY, SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED AS SUCH

        Date of Birth (DOB) and Date of Death (DOD) obtained from SC RootsWeb

        W. H. Sims, MacBeth Artillery, buried: Padgett's Creek Cemetery, Union
        County, SC.

        Starks W. Porter, Lieutenant, MacBeth Light Artillery, buried: City
        Cemetery, Union, SC.

        William Munro, Lieutenant, MacBeth Light Artillery, Adjt. 18th Reg. S.C.V.,
        buried: City Cemetery, Union, SC.

        John K. Young, MacBeth Light Artillery; buried: City Cemetery, Union, SC.

        William A. Nicholson, MacBeth Light Artillery, buried: Presbyterian
        Cemetery, Union, SC, (believed to be a reference to Mount Tabor Presbyterian
        Church Cemetery).

        Isaac G. McKissick, Lieutenant Colonel, MacBeth Light Artillery; buried:
        Presbyterian Cemetery, Union, SC.

        J.C. Junter (Hunter), MacBeth Light Artillery, buried: Presbyterian
        Cemetery, Union SC.

        Charles Leonard Allen (Buck), MacBeth Light Artillery, buried: Methodist
        Cemetery, Grace Church, Union, SC.

        Argivus Jeter, Captain, Boyce Artillery; buried: Methodist Cemetery, Grace
        Church, Union, SC.

        Spencer Morgan Rice, Sr., Quarter Master Sergeant, MacBeth Light Artillery;
        buried: Methodist Cemetery, Grace Church, Union, SC. (Paroled in 1864 on
        account of bad health.)

        R. T. Gee, Boyce Artillery; buried: Methodist Cemetery, Grace Church Union,
        SC.

        Charles Humphries, MacBeth Artillery; buried Sardis Cemetery, Union County,
        SC (no marker).

        James M. Bunch, MacBeth Artillery; buried: Sardis Cemetery, Union County,
        SC, DOB: 02/04/1839; DOD: 02/28/1885

        Rueben (Reuben) Sims, MacBeth Artillery: buried: Sardis Cemetery, Union
        County, SC, DOB: 10/30/1840; DOD: 06/29/1901

        John Tyler Davis, MacBeth Artillery; buried: Sardis Cemetery, Union County,
        SC, DOB: 01/10/1846; DOD: 09/26/1924.

        Newton H. Thomas, MacBeth Light Artillery; buried: Gilliam's Chapel
        Cemetery, Union County, SC.

        Andrew Gregory, MacBeth Light Artillery, died since war; buried: Gilead
        (Baptist Church) Cemetery, Jonesville Township, SC.

        Jill Mitchell

        Harpers Ferry, WV

        Thank you Jill. Through a common friend, I have a message in to him now.

        >>> "Jill Mitchell" <jill.mitchell@...
        <mailto:jill.mitchell%40frontiernet.net> > 06/16/09 8:34 PM >>>