Boyce's Battery Reenacting Unit

  • Jill Mitchell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 16 5:34 PM
      I don't know if anyone would have seen this article, the link for which is
      below. It includes a an overview of the unit history of the original unit
      and a contact for the present-day MacBeth's South Carolina Light Artillery
      reenacting unit. Perhaps Mr. Gibson has biographical information regarding
      members of the original unit?

      http://artillerymanmagazine.com/Archives/2002/macbeth_sp02.html

      ==============

      Jill Mitchell

      Harpers Ferry, WV

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 16 6:14 PM
        Thank you Jill. Through a common friend, I have a message in to him now.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 16 7:45 PM
          I did a bit of digging through a source I have, in combination with a bit of
          Internet research, and can offer the following:

          Source: Recollections and Reminiscences 1861-1865, Volume Three, South
          Carolina United Daughters of the Confederacy, 1992.

          MEMBERS OF MACBETH ARTILLERY, SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED AS SUCH

          Date of Birth (DOB) and Date of Death (DOD) obtained from SC RootsWeb

          W. H. Sims, MacBeth Artillery, buried: Padgett's Creek Cemetery, Union
          County, SC.

          Starks W. Porter, Lieutenant, MacBeth Light Artillery, buried: City
          Cemetery, Union, SC.

          William Munro, Lieutenant, MacBeth Light Artillery, Adjt. 18th Reg. S.C.V.,
          buried: City Cemetery, Union, SC.

          John K. Young, MacBeth Light Artillery; buried: City Cemetery, Union, SC.

          William A. Nicholson, MacBeth Light Artillery, buried: Presbyterian
          Cemetery, Union, SC, (believed to be a reference to Mount Tabor Presbyterian
          Church Cemetery).

          Isaac G. McKissick, Lieutenant Colonel, MacBeth Light Artillery; buried:
          Presbyterian Cemetery, Union, SC.

          J.C. Junter (Hunter), MacBeth Light Artillery, buried: Presbyterian
          Cemetery, Union SC.

          Charles Leonard Allen (Buck), MacBeth Light Artillery, buried: Methodist
          Cemetery, Grace Church, Union, SC.

          Argivus Jeter, Captain, Boyce Artillery; buried: Methodist Cemetery, Grace
          Church, Union, SC.

          Spencer Morgan Rice, Sr., Quarter Master Sergeant, MacBeth Light Artillery;
          buried: Methodist Cemetery, Grace Church, Union, SC. (Paroled in 1864 on
          account of bad health.)

          R. T. Gee, Boyce Artillery; buried: Methodist Cemetery, Grace Church Union,
          SC.

          Charles Humphries, MacBeth Artillery; buried Sardis Cemetery, Union County,
          SC (no marker).

          James M. Bunch, MacBeth Artillery; buried: Sardis Cemetery, Union County,
          SC, DOB: 02/04/1839; DOD: 02/28/1885

          Rueben (Reuben) Sims, MacBeth Artillery: buried: Sardis Cemetery, Union
          County, SC, DOB: 10/30/1840; DOD: 06/29/1901

          John Tyler Davis, MacBeth Artillery; buried: Sardis Cemetery, Union County,
          SC, DOB: 01/10/1846; DOD: 09/26/1924.

          Newton H. Thomas, MacBeth Light Artillery; buried: Gilliam's Chapel
          Cemetery, Union County, SC.

          Andrew Gregory, MacBeth Light Artillery, died since war; buried: Gilead
          (Baptist Church) Cemetery, Jonesville Township, SC.

          Jill Mitchell

          Harpers Ferry, WV

          Thank you Jill. Through a common friend, I have a message in to him now.

          >>> "Jill Mitchell" <jill.mitchell@...
          <mailto:jill.mitchell%40frontiernet.net> > 06/16/09 8:34 PM >>>