Re: re Moxley Sorrel and September 16th (Night)

    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 4, 2009
      Thanks Gerry,

      I think we both have the same edition of Sorrel.

      I wonder if Priest used high school student help as he did with his book "16th Connecticut Volunteer Infantry: Sergeant William H. Relyea" he published in 2002? Given all the material covered in his two Maryland Campaign books, he must have had help I would think. If so, perhaps a closer editorial hand might have been needed but in any event, when I use his books (and anyone else's), I always research the endnote souces if I have them to verify and to get more material about what Priest wrote. Unfortunatley, many sources are not easily available except in certain libraries.

      Between Priest and Carman (and of course Harsh), and the sources they use, I have much good material.

      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 10, 2009
        And we can't forget the raincoat Stonewall had on the night he was shot; it is at the VMI museum and a picture is on their website. It has the two bullet holes in the left sleeve.

        http://www4.vmi.edu/museum/Jackson.html