Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: re Moxley Sorrel and September 16th (Night)

    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 4, 2009
      Larry;

      The edition of Sorrel's Memoir I have is the Bison Press edition
      published by University of Nebraska Press. It does NOT
      specifically state West Woods.

      I have found other glaring errors with Priest's books so I would
      enjoin some caution there. While the books do have their merits,
      you should be aware of wrong use of footnotes and in some cases
      totally wrong footnoting.

      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 10, 2009
        And we can't forget the raincoat Stonewall had on the night he was shot; it is at the VMI museum and a picture is on their website. It has the two bullet holes in the left sleeve.

        http://www4.vmi.edu/museum/Jackson.html