Re: [TalkAntietam] re Moxley Sorrel and September 16th (Night)

  • Dean Essig
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 3 7:18 AM
      Hi Gerry!

      The Jeff Davis Legion (and the rest of Hampton's Cavalry Brigade) is
      following McLaws up from Harpers Ferry screening the march.

      This doesn't jive with Priest and makes Sorrel's story improbable.

      I'd welcome the correction if my info is wrong.

      Dean

      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 10 8:38 AM
        And we can't forget the raincoat Stonewall had on the night he was shot; it is at the VMI museum and a picture is on their website. It has the two bullet holes in the left sleeve.

        http://www4.vmi.edu/museum/Jackson.html