Re: [TalkAntietam] Pry Ford: best approach for stomper

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 28 8:53 PM
      A while back I did a tour that included the ford and went to talk to
      some of the local folks to get access. The man who owns the farm on the
      west side was really nice and told me that any time I wanted to walk
      from the bridge along the creek, on the west side, to the ford, that
      would be no problem. I also spoke to the nice couple that own the house
      just on the right at the end of Planter Road. They were very nice and
      also told me that I was welcome to walk back there.

      That said, I would still go to the house before hiking back there, just
      to say hello. I believe the ford, though, is north of the boundary line
      of the first family. I have never spoken to the folks who own the
      second lot, but even from the creek behind the first house you can see
      why it would make sense to cross near there.

      Making the hike from the Pry house, up behind the barn and down Planter
      Road to the ford sure does make sense of what the Second Corps did.

      Stephen