Re: Diary of Jacob Engelbrecht

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2009
      Dave,

      The Historical Society of Frederick County bookstore (301-663-1188)
      said that it is on sale for $50 for the two volumes; regular price is
      $100. I quizzed the lady on the phone today but she assured me that
      the price was $50 for both. I plan on stopping in this week with my
      shopping list.

      > Amazon doesn't carry it. How much does it cost at the FCHS (Fred
      Cty
      > Hist Soc??)
      >
      > Dave McGowan
      >
      > eighth_conn_inf wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks Gerry,
      > >
      > > The set is on sale at FCHS so I will pick it up.
      > >
      > > Larry
      > >
      > > --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:TalkAntietam%40yahoogroups.com>, "G E Mayers" <gerry1952@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I would say yes, especially if you are interested in the
      Maryland

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 23, 2009
        Larry;

        Engelbrecht's diary is interesting not only because he recorded
        everything... I mean everything...which happened in Frederick but
        offers an interesting perspective on the CW years in that town.

        The Historical Society of Frederick County bookstore
        (301-663-1188)
        said that it is on sale for $50 for the two volumes; regular
        price is
        $100. I quizzed the lady on the phone today but she assured me
        that
        the price was $50 for both. I plan on stopping in this week with
        my
        shopping list.

        > Amazon doesn't carry it. How much does it cost at the FCHS
        > (Fred
        Cty