Diary of Jacob Engelbrecht

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2009
      Is the Diary of Jacob Engelbrecht a must have for the CW era?

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 23, 2009
        I would say yes, especially if you are interested in the Maryland
        1862 campaign.

        Is the Diary of Jacob Engelbrecht a must have for the CW era?

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 23, 2009
          Thanks Gerry,

          The set is on sale at FCHS so I will pick it up.

          > I would say yes, especially if you are interested in the Maryland
          > 1862 campaign.

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 23, 2009
            Amazon doesn't carry it. How much does it cost at the FCHS (Fred Cty
            Hist Soc??)

            Dave McGowan

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 23, 2009
              Dave,

              The Historical Society of Frederick County bookstore (301-663-1188)
              said that it is on sale for $50 for the two volumes; regular price is
              $100. I quizzed the lady on the phone today but she assured me that
              the price was $50 for both. I plan on stopping in this week with my
              shopping list.

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 23, 2009
                Larry;

                Engelbrecht's diary is interesting not only because he recorded
                everything... I mean everything...which happened in Frederick but
                offers an interesting perspective on the CW years in that town.

                The Historical Society of Frederick County bookstore
                (301-663-1188)
                said that it is on sale for $50 for the two volumes; regular
                price is
                $100. I quizzed the lady on the phone today but she assured me
                that
                the price was $50 for both. I plan on stopping in this week with
                my
                shopping list.

                > Amazon doesn't carry it. How much does it cost at the FCHS
                > (Fred
                Cty