Re: Raw Mule

    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 23 6:57 AM
      Dave,

      I looked at the book on Amazon and the table of contents shows one
      chapter on the CW. Do you have the book and if so, is the material on
      the CW worth buying it?

      Thank you,

      > Thanks for that article, Larry, and the shavetail story Tom. After
      > doing a little looking around, it seems that the only book
      addressing
      > the old army mule is *
      > <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-
      /0803267401/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance>*"Shavetails

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 23 1:56 PM
        Larry, I don't have the book, and I don't think it's worth buying
        either. The problem is the pack mule coverage of recent vintage, which
        of course is easier to research and is more time-relevant. My guess is
        that after going through all the material on mules in the OR, diaries,
        and other ACW sources, you would have to find a mule guy who actually
        breaks and trains mules to harness and get the real info from him. I
        doubt that mules have changed much over the years, but I bet most of
        that knowledge has been lost.

        And, does anyone know why the formatting in my posts are so screwed up?

        Dave