Re: [TalkAntietam] Tower soutn of tower?

    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 22, 2009
      Where is Tom C this semester anyway?

      Too bad there is no weblink Steve to the photo.

      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 22, 2009
        As far as I know the photos that were taken from the hot air balloon were
        in the 1880's. Does this sound right. I have also seen familiar ones from
        South Mountain overlooking the valley. Does anyone know who was doing this?

        Ian

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 23, 2009
          Dave,

          I looked at the book on Amazon and the table of contents shows one
          chapter on the CW. Do you have the book and if so, is the material on
          the CW worth buying it?

          Thank you,

          > Thanks for that article, Larry, and the shavetail story Tom. After
          > doing a little looking around, it seems that the only book
          addressing
          > the old army mule is *
          > <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-
          /0803267401/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance>*"Shavetails

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 23, 2009
            Larry, I don't have the book, and I don't think it's worth buying
            either. The problem is the pack mule coverage of recent vintage, which
            of course is easier to research and is more time-relevant. My guess is
            that after going through all the material on mules in the OR, diaries,
            and other ACW sources, you would have to find a mule guy who actually
            breaks and trains mules to harness and get the real info from him. I
            doubt that mules have changed much over the years, but I bet most of
            that knowledge has been lost.

            And, does anyone know why the formatting in my posts are so screwed up?

            Dave