Harpers Ferry map question

  • scottmingus
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2002
      Does anyone know of a good set of detialed maps for Harper's Ferry
      fighting (similar to Mike Priest's highly detailed maps in his
      Antietam and South Mountain books)? I'm trying to understand the
      tactical challenges of the envelopment of the town for a possible
      wargame scenario.

      The detailed map should be regimental level and show the positions of
      individual regiments and batteries. Does such a map exist? I know so
      little about this particular fight, and have zero useful references
      in terms of maps and sketches in my collection.

      Scott Mingus
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2002
        Scott,

        Would the maps in the Official Atlas for the Official Records of
        the War of the Rebellion be of assistance?

        Your humble servant,
        Gerry Mayers
        Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

        Edward Lee