Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: "Stories of the Confederacy" by Brooks

  • Teej Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
      From: eighth_conn_inf
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 8:36 PM
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Re: "Stories of the Confederacy" by Brooks

      Hi Larry,

      Is there info on pages 83-85 about the Conf. cavalry getting shot at
      in Middletown, MD, on 9/13/1862 by civilians? Or anything about any
      Conf. cav actions on that day?

      There is no mention of the Confed. cavalry being fired on by civilians at Middleton but there is something about "miscreant" taking a shot at Hampton in Frederick on the previous page. There is a good description of Baker's cavalry fight on the eastern edge of Middleton. I could type it up tomorrow and post it tomorrow if you like?

      Regards,
      Teej

      .

    • jeffcowvplanning
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
        Oooh...
        I'd like to see that too...even if it doesn't appeal to Larry.

        You know me...anything Middletown!

        Thanks.
        Steve

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2009
          Teej,

          If it is not too much trouble, this would be of great help. Can you
          please also include the page numbers and complete info about the book
          so I can cite it (author, publisher, date/location published). If it
          is a reprint, I would need this info for both the original printing
          and the reprint.

          Thank you very much!