Re: "Stories of the Confederacy" by Brooks

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
      Teej,

      Is there info on pages 83-85 about the Conf. cavalry getting shot at
      in Middletown, MD, on 9/13/1862 by civilians? Or anything about any
      Conf. cav actions on that day?

      Thank you,

      Larry

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Teej Smith" <teej@...> wrote:

      > Would anyone have this book? Apparently it has some good info on
      pages
      > 83-85 about Confederate cavalry being fired on by civilians as
      the rebs
      > retreated through Middletown on the 13th.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Larry F.
      >

      > I do, Larry. Is there anything in particular you're looking
      for?

      > Regards,
      > Teej

    • Teej Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
        Is there info on pages 83-85 about the Conf. cavalry getting shot at
        in Middletown, MD, on 9/13/1862 by civilians? Or anything about any
        Conf. cav actions on that day?

        There is no mention of the Confed. cavalry being fired on by civilians at Middleton but there is something about "miscreant" taking a shot at Hampton in Frederick on the previous page. There is a good description of Baker's cavalry fight on the eastern edge of Middleton. I could type it up tomorrow and post it tomorrow if you like?

        Regards,
        Teej

        .

      • jeffcowvplanning
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
          Oooh...
          I'd like to see that too...even if it doesn't appeal to Larry.

          You know me...anything Middletown!

          Thanks.
          Steve

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2009
            Teej,

            If it is not too much trouble, this would be of great help. Can you
            please also include the page numbers and complete info about the book
            so I can cite it (author, publisher, date/location published). If it
            is a reprint, I would need this info for both the original printing
            and the reprint.

            Thank you very much!

            Larry