"Stories of the Confederacy" by Brooks

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
      Would anyone have this book? Apparently it has some good info on pages
      83-85 about Confederate cavalry being fired on by civilians as the rebs
      retreated through Middletown on the 13th.

      Thanks,

      Larry F.
    • Teej Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
        Would anyone have this book? Apparently it has some good info on pages
        83-85 about Confederate cavalry being fired on by civilians as the rebs
        retreated through Middletown on the 13th.

        Thanks,

        Larry F.

        I do, Larry. Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

        Regards,
        Teej

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
          Teej,

          Is there info on pages 83-85 about the Conf. cavalry getting shot at
          in Middletown, MD, on 9/13/1862 by civilians? Or anything about any
          Conf. cav actions on that day?

          Thank you,

          Larry

          --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Teej Smith" <teej@...> wrote:

          > Would anyone have this book? Apparently it has some good info on
          pages
          > 83-85 about Confederate cavalry being fired on by civilians as
          the rebs
          > retreated through Middletown on the 13th.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Larry F.
          >

          > I do, Larry. Is there anything in particular you're looking
          for?

          > Regards,
          > Teej

        • Teej Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
            Is there info on pages 83-85 about the Conf. cavalry getting shot at
            in Middletown, MD, on 9/13/1862 by civilians? Or anything about any
            Conf. cav actions on that day?

            There is no mention of the Confed. cavalry being fired on by civilians at Middleton but there is something about "miscreant" taking a shot at Hampton in Frederick on the previous page. There is a good description of Baker's cavalry fight on the eastern edge of Middleton. I could type it up tomorrow and post it tomorrow if you like?

            Regards,
            Teej

            .

          • jeffcowvplanning
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
              Oooh...
              I'd like to see that too...even if it doesn't appeal to Larry.

              You know me...anything Middletown!

              Thanks.
              Steve

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 4, 2009
                Teej,

                If it is not too much trouble, this would be of great help. Can you
                please also include the page numbers and complete info about the book
                so I can cite it (author, publisher, date/location published). If it
                is a reprint, I would need this info for both the original printing
                and the reprint.

                Thank you very much!

                Larry