Re Daniel Harvey Hill

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2002
      Group,

      Since the group has been so quiet and almost deathly so, would
      the following question revive it and generate some interesting
      discussion?

      What do the members think overall of the performance of Gen.
      Daniel Harvey Hill and his division during the entire First
      Maryland Campaign?

      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers
      Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

      Edward Lee
    • TR Livesey
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 22, 2002
        I think he was better at making enemies than fighting them. Lee certainly saw
        his potential (or lack thereof) and took appropriate steps. His charge into the
        Piper Farm fields was noteable, however, if only symbolic.

        TRL