Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: re Sorrel's wounding at Antietam and "Battery Longstreet"

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 9, 2009
      Dear Teej,

      That letter is a good three weeks after Sharpsburg, at which
      time, I would expect his wrists to have improved by then. IIRC it
      took him almost two months before he could resume total use of
      his hands without pain... that is from the time of the injury on
      31 August.

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 9, 2009
        The source of Priest's citation about Lee galloping up, apparently, is a letter from Bart Johnson writing on March 17, 1895 t oteh editor of Confederate Veteran. he says it is in the Lilley collection at the Washington County Library. I'll check it the nexttime I am there, but memory sources 32 years after the event set off my crap detector.