Re: [TalkAntietam] Nicodemus Hill artillery question

  • John Furey
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2002
      Sottt
      I just got back from N.Y. When I have time I will share some stuff with you -
      concerning artillery support, period 6:30 to 7:30 re: Hood,s attack,
      best,
      John

      scottmingus wrote:

      > I'm sorry if this question has already been covered by this group.
      > When did Pelham's guns retire from Nicodemus Hill? Was this prior to,
      > during, or after Mansfield's attack? I've read some conflicting
      > accounts, and I'd like to hear from this group.
      >
      > Scott Mingus

    • John Furey
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 22, 2002
        Hi again Scott
        I forgot, but it seems George Otott has joined this group. In Civil War
        Regiments (Vol.5, #3 1997) he wrote what I consider the best piece of work
        written to date on the 1st Texas and their attack through the Cornfield. I
        think it is a masterpiece of research. This will help you.
        Also you might want to contact Peggy Fox at the Harold B, Simpson Reseach
        Center at Hill College in Hillsboro, Texas. I was out theit again last summer
        and they will help you with anything you ask. Great people.
        John