Re: [TalkAntietam] Nicodemus Hill artillery question

  • John Furey
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2002
      Hi Scott
      Sometime ago we had this discussion. I still have a lot of questions about
      the artillery support for Hood at the time of his attack. Tom Clemens is the
      person I would listen to. I think he puts the artillery movement at 6:30 on
      the hill. Talk to Tom, he knows his stuff.
      John

      scottmingus wrote:

      > I'm sorry if this question has already been covered by this group.
      > When did Pelham's guns retire from Nicodemus Hill? Was this prior to,
      > during, or after Mansfield's attack? I've read some conflicting
      > accounts, and I'd like to hear from this group.
      >
      > Scott Mingus

    • John Furey
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 22, 2002
        Sottt
        I just got back from N.Y. When I have time I will share some stuff with you -
        concerning artillery support, period 6:30 to 7:30 re: Hood,s attack,
        best,
        John

        scottmingus wrote:

        > I'm sorry if this question has already been covered by this group.
        > When did Pelham's guns retire from Nicodemus Hill? Was this prior to,
        > during, or after Mansfield's attack? I've read some conflicting
        > accounts, and I'd like to hear from this group.
        >
        > Scott Mingus

      • John Furey
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 22, 2002
          Hi again Scott
          I forgot, but it seems George Otott has joined this group. In Civil War
          Regiments (Vol.5, #3 1997) he wrote what I consider the best piece of work
          written to date on the 1st Texas and their attack through the Cornfield. I
          think it is a masterpiece of research. This will help you.
          Also you might want to contact Peggy Fox at the Harold B, Simpson Reseach
          Center at Hill College in Hillsboro, Texas. I was out theit again last summer
          and they will help you with anything you ask. Great people.
          John