Re: [TalkAntietam] My new favorite place

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 3, 2009
      Stephen,

      Where does that new trail start? Where does it go to? Etc?

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 3, 2009
        Stephen,

        Several years ago, I had posted photos from a hike to Park Farm. URL is:
        http://home.comcast.net/~schuylkillcwrt/antietam_2005_05_01/report_page6.htm

        When we arrived onto the farmstead's grounds, I was amazed to discover such an assortment of buildings that I had never seen before.

        Didn't the farm sustain damage from high winds this summer? Are the barn and other out-buildings still standing?

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 3, 2009
          Yes, still standing, and looking much like they do in your photos. The west end of the barn was damaged by the winds, and has been repaired. It is, as Dean suggests, amazingly close to the tower at Bloody Lane, but not visible from it.