RE: [TalkAntietam] re D H Hill Chief of Staff question

  • Jill Mitchell
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 28, 2008
      D. H. Hill's AAG/Chief of Staff: Maj. James Wylie Ratchford

      (Source: Joseph L. Harsh. Taken at the Flood: Robert E. Lee & Confederate
      Strategy in the Maryland Campaign of 1862. (Kent, Ohio: The Kent State
      University Press, 1999).

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 28, 2008
        Dear Jill;

        Thanks. But Tom Clemens posits, according to Krick's book,
        someone else was the AAG/Chief of Staff for Hill during the MD
        Campaign. So, who is right?

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 29, 2008
            Per Teej's citing of the OR's, I stand corrected. He was wounded at the Potomac crossing, Sept. 4.

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 29, 2008
              Tom;

              Good to know, but IIRC D H Hill in his OR report mentions
              something about either Ratchford or Anderson being wounded while
              the division was crossing the Potomac in early September at the
              beginning of the campaign?