Re: [TalkAntietam] Wargaming scenaro booklet - help requested

  • stephen connor
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 19, 2002
      sorry scot forgot email on first reply stephen.connor2@...
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 6:26 PM
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Wargaming scenaro booklet - help requested

      Hello!

      My name is Scott Mingus (York PA) and I'm a veteran miniature
      wargamer. My booklet on Gettysburg will be out in late April
      ("Enduring Valor: Gettysburg in Miniature").

      I am currently working on a companion volume entitled "Undying
      Courage: Antietam in Miniature." Among my many references are Mike
      Priest's work as well as Curt Johnson's Artillery Hell.

      Would anyone on this board be willing to help proofread / critique
      the Antietam work so far? If so, please let me know and I'll send you
      e-mail copies of the rough drafts.

      So far, the table of contents looks like this...

      1) Quebec Schoolhouse
      2) Fox's Gap AM
      3) Fox's Gap PM
      4) Turner's Gap
      5) Crampton's Gap
      6) Skirmish in the East Woods
      7) Dawn in the Cornfield
      8) Mansfield's Attack
      9) Massacre in the West Woods
      10) Dunker Church
      11) Sunken Road
      12) Burnside's Bridge
      13) Hill's Counterattack
      14) Sheperdstown

      I may add a Harper's Ferry scenario, but a) I have yet to locate a
      detailed enough area map and b) it's tough to wargame a one-sided
      surrender.

      The gaming system is 15mm scale Johnny RebIII. I have all scenarios
      completed except for proofing and final playtesting. What I need are
      unbiased opinions and changes / deletions / additions from the
      experts.

      Curt, in particular since you are a fellow gamer, let me know if you
      can be of service.

      regards!

      P.S. for more information on the hobby of miniature Civil War
      wargaming, please see my website at
      http://www.geocities.com/scottmingus/index

      Scott Mingus