re T J Goree

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2008
      All,

      Did T J Goree write a memoir after the war?

    • Brian Downey
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 2008
        Hi Gerry,

        I've not seen any sign of a memoir, but there is a publication:

        Longstreet's Aide: The Civil War Letters of Major Thomas J. Goree
        (Thomas W. Cutrer, Editor, 1995: Univ Press of Va)

        There is a collection of his papers at LSU.

        Brian

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 20, 2008
          Dear Brian,

          Thanks. What does Cutrer say about Goree's ranks during the war?

          Is the book available via Google Books?