Re: [TalkAntietam] Staff queston

  • Brian Downey
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 19, 2008
      Hi Gerry,
      I've got Goree as Lieutenant (Capt by war's end), but no entry for a Thomas Walton. I'll look for him tonight.
      Brian

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 19, 2008
          Dear Tom and Teej,

          Thanks for your information. Did Goree think Walton somehow
          prevented his being promoted to Major?

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 19, 2008

            Thanks! That helps somewhat. According to Moxley Sorrel (pg. 125,
            At the Right Hand of Longstreet: Recollections of a Confederate
            Staff Officer, University of Nebraska Press edition), Walton is
            listed as Major and A.D.C.