Staff queston

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 19, 2008
      Gang,

      Can anyone tell me the proper ranks during the Maryland Campaign
      for T J Goree and Thomas Walton of Longstreet's staff?

      Thanks!

    • Brian Downey
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 19, 2008
        Hi Gerry,
        I've got Goree as Lieutenant (Capt by war's end), but no entry for a Thomas Walton. I'll look for him tonight.
        Brian

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 19, 2008
            Dear Tom and Teej,

            Thanks for your information. Did Goree think Walton somehow
            prevented his being promoted to Major?

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 19, 2008

              Thanks! That helps somewhat. According to Moxley Sorrel (pg. 125,
              At the Right Hand of Longstreet: Recollections of a Confederate
              Staff Officer, University of Nebraska Press edition), Walton is
              listed as Major and A.D.C.