Re: [TalkAntietam] Sharpsburg Enterprise

  • DPowell334@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2008
      World Cat lists two libraries that have copies, but from 1878 to the 1880s,
      no wartime papers.

      Enoch Pratt Free Library in Baltimore, and the Maryland Newspaper Project at
      the Maryland State Archives.

      Dave Powell

      In a message dated 12/8/2008 12:22:56 P.M. Central Standard Time,
      azimmerli@... writes:

      Hello, all.

      It's been quite a while since I have posted on here, but I always enjoy
      reading everyone's comments and questions. I finally have a question of
      my own for the group, though!

      In Ernst's Too Afraid to Cry, she mentions the Sharpsburg Enterprise as
      a wartime newspaper in the town. I've since spoken to Kathleen about it,
      and she was unable to find where the Enterprise is kept, either in
      original form or on microfilm. I talked to Ted Alexander about it, and
      while he was able to furnish some photocopies of the Antietam Wavelet
      and the Antietam Valley Review, he didn't know where I could find the
      Enterprise. Anyone have any ideas? I wrote my MA on Antietam and the
      post-war commemoration (just won the best graduate thesis for the
      '07-'08 academic year, if I don't say so myself), but I never came
      across any other references or copies of that newspaper.

      Thanks for any help that may come.

      Adam Zimmerli

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2008
        The Western Maryland Room has Antietam Wavelet and Antietam Valley
        Record. I don't think they have the Sharpsburg Enterprise.

        Stephen

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 2008
          Exciting stuff. Congrats. How does one get to read your award-winning
          thesis?

          Stephen