Re: [TalkAntietam] Sharpsburg Enterprise

  • Brian Downey
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2008
      Hi Adam,

      A quick Google finds this tidbit:

      Maryland State Archives, Guide to Special Collections. �
      The Sharpsburg Enterprise began publication in 1878 and was published weekly. Title history based on November 22, 1878 ...

      I can't research right now, but might that be a place to start?

      Good hunting!
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2008
        World Cat lists two libraries that have copies, but from 1878 to the 1880s,
        no wartime papers.

        Enoch Pratt Free Library in Baltimore, and the Maryland Newspaper Project at
        the Maryland State Archives.

        Dave Powell

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 2008
          The Western Maryland Room has Antietam Wavelet and Antietam Valley
          Record. I don't think they have the Sharpsburg Enterprise.

          Stephen

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 8, 2008
            Exciting stuff. Congrats. How does one get to read your award-winning
            thesis?

            Stephen