Re: Fw: Question regarding McElfresh Antietam maps

  • cowie_steve
    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 3, 2008

      Yes, the documentation, or lack thereof, seems to support the theory
      that the Keplinger farm was a post-battle property. Perhaps Brian at
      the VC could shed some light on this. Also, I understand that the
      present day residents of the Piper farm are good contacts for Piper
      family history; perhaps they would know whether, and when, the
      Keplinger farmstead was carved out of Daniel Piper's 1845 purchase of
      Ellwicks Dwelling.

      Steve

      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 3, 2008
        Steve,

        Thanks! I hope Brian is keeping an eye on this thread and can
        comment herein!