Re: [TalkAntietam] Right State, Wrong Campaign

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2008
      Steve,

      The only thought that comes to my mind immediately is that the
      cavalry involved must have been part of McCausland's command.
      Does this help?

      McCausland was, IIRC, the cavalry commander for all the cav units
      during the Maryland Raid undertaken by Jube Early. It was
      McCausland who burned the center portion of Chambersburg after
      holding the town to ransom.