Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Fw: Question regarding McElfresh Antietam maps

    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 2, 2008
      Steve,

      Could the farmstead have been built after the war?

      I have Kathleen Ernst's book here and will try to find that
      passage.

      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 3, 2008

        Yes, the documentation, or lack thereof, seems to support the theory
        that the Keplinger farm was a post-battle property. Perhaps Brian at
        the VC could shed some light on this. Also, I understand that the
        present day residents of the Piper farm are good contacts for Piper
        family history; perhaps they would know whether, and when, the
        Keplinger farmstead was carved out of Daniel Piper's 1845 purchase of
        Ellwicks Dwelling.

        Steve

        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 3, 2008
          Steve,

          Thanks! I hope Brian is keeping an eye on this thread and can
          comment herein!